PACs are Gold: A Great Success
With over 300 attendants, six seminars and great networking opportunities, the Park Advisory Council Conference was a great success.
On Saturday March 28th, 2015 the Chicago Parks Foundation and the Chicago Park District presented the Park Advisory Council Conference at Harry S. Truman College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, sponsored by MB Financial.
Special thank you to:
- Chicago Park District CEO and General Superintendent, Mike Kelly, and First Lady of Chicago, Amy Rule
- Lauren Moltz of Friends of the Parks, who hosted a delicious breakfast
- Dark Matter Coffee for the great coffee to kick off the day
- Mariano's for the afternoon gelato break
- Costco for providing water for participants
- Amazing National Anthem performance by Sherman PAC member Jocilyn Simms
- Morning stretch provided by Jake from the Chicago Park District Wellness Department
- ROTC student volunteers
- All of the members of the 2015 planning committee for your hard work
The Chicago Parks Foundation presented the 1st Park Advisory Council Award to:
- Dunbar PAC
- Haas PAC
- Hamlin PAC
- Horner PAC
- Humboldt PAC
- Indian Boundary PAC
- Jackson PAC
- Ping Tom PAC
- Sherman PAC
- Wicker PAC
Winning PACs received a $500 grant to continue the great work. They will also collaborate with Chicago Parks Foundation to identify ways to help build PACs in communities that could benefit from their experience and expertise. PACs PAY IT FORWARD!
Program highlights included Events in our parks, Budgeting, How to create a community garden or dog park, and marketing strategies for PACs. Chicago Parks Foundation Events and Community Outreach Coordinator, Maggie Daly, presented a session with our partners at MB Financial about our Fiscal Sponsorship program offered to PAC’s.
The Chicago Parks Foundation thanks all participants, presenters, vendors and volunteers for attending the 2015 Park Advisory Council Conference. We are so happy to meet and collaborate with our PAC members and volunteers that work toward our common goal of making Chicago parks great!
Be sure to check out all the pictures from the conference on our Flickr Page here, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for all of the most up to date information about the Chicago Parks Foundation.