10 Winter Activities to Combat Your Winter Blues
Winter blues got you down? Sick of being stuck inside? Beat the cold and check out these 10 winter activities in Chicago Parks!
Happening this weekend:
2. Jazz City Concert at Austin Townhall (2/19): Listen to Erwin Helfer @80: A Living Legend of Boogie and Blues and help Erwin celebrate his birthday along with a few of his friends.
3. Warm Stories on a Cold Day at North Park Village Nature Center(2/20): Join Master Storyteller Mark Kater for a winter storytelling series indoors around a crackling fire. Hear stories filled with humor, joy, and thoughtfulness. To register click here!
4. Pilsen Community Market (2/21): Stop by the Winter Market at Honky Tonk Bbq for local food, coffee, music, and more!
Happening all winter:
5. Doane Observatory at the Adler Planetarium: The Doane is the largest aperture telescope available to the public in the Chicagoland area. Stop by the Adler this weekend to view the Moon, planets, stars, and far away galaxies! For more information click here.
6. Public Art on the 606: See a mural created by student artists from Marwen and lead artist Marta Garciaat the southwest corner of
Bloomingdale Avenue and Humboldt Boulevard then walk west to see Chakaia Booker’s Brick House 2015 at the Damen Arts Plaza! For more information click here.
7. Take a Hike in the Garden of Phoenix in Jackson Park: Listed as one of the most romantic outdoor hikes in the country, Jackson Park’s Garden of Phoenix is well worth the visit! Bundle up and visit the garden to learn about Japan and to experience Japanese Culture.
8. Holiday Flower Show at Garfield Park Conservatory: Not a fan of the cold? Stop by the conservatory for an inexpensive trip to a warmer climate! View two specialty shows: solarise and the poinsettias. For more information click here.
9. Ice Skating: Ice skating is one of the best winter activities, and it’s great exercise! For a list of Chicago’s indoor and outdoor skating rinks click here.
10. Sledding: What’s a Chicago winter without braving the frost for some good old fashioned sledding? Click here for a list of Chicago’s best sledding hills.