50/50 for the Parks!
CPF is thrilled to be one of Lollapalooza's 2018 Lolla Cares organizations. Ever since the first festival in 1991, Lollapalooza has been a place where music fans can learn more about how to help the world around them.
Raffle tickets can be purchased both in-person at the festival and online. All tickets purchased will feed into one jackpot, and one winning ticket will be drawn on Sunday evening at 7:30pm CST. 50% of the jackpot will go to the winner, and the remaining proceeds will benefit CPF!
The winning ticket number will be posted here on our website once it is drawn. Winners do not need to present at Lollapalooza to claim their prize. See below for the full list of rules.
1. General. By participating in the Chicago Parks Foundation 50/50 Raffle ("Raffle"), entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Chicago Parks Foundation ("CPF"), which shall be binding and final as to all matters related to the Raffle. The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and is void where prohibited.
2. Jackpot. The "Jackpot" shall be the total proceeds from raffle tickets sold for that drawing ("Raffle Tickets"), less reasonable expenses incurred by CPF for the operation of the Raffle. In the event an insufficient amount is deducted to cover CPF's expenses, CPF shall absorb such expenses.
3. CPF Proceeds. Fifty percent (50%) of the net total of the Jackpot will benefit CPF, a registered 501(c)(3) who supports parks and park programs.
4. Eligibility. The Raffle is open to all persons age eighteen (18) and older and subject to these Official Rules. All employees, and immediate relatives of said employees, who work for the Chicago Parks Foundation, are not eligible to participate in the Raffle or win a prize. In addition, employees, and immediate relatives of said employees, of 5050 Central-Delaware, Inc. are not eligible to participate in the Raffle or win a prize.
5. Purchasing Raffle Tickets. All Raffle Tickets may be purchased as follows: three (3) Raffle Tickets for $5.00; ten (10) Raffle Tickets for $10.00; ninety-one (91) Raffle Tickets for $20.00 There are no discounts or complimentary Raffle Tickets. Raffle Tickets will be sold online on the CPF website before and during the festival in two forms as follows:
(A) In-Person. Raffle Tickets will be available for purchase in-person at our three tent locations at Lollapalooza from August 2nd-5th from 11:00AM-7:00PM each day
ALL METHODS OF PURCHASE MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. There is no limit to the number of Raffle Tickets an individual may purchase. Each entrant will receive a receipt corresponding to his/her purchased Raffle Ticket(s). Entries which are or appear to be tampered with are void. CPF shall be the sole judge of the validity and eligibility of all entries. All Raffle Ticket purchases shall be final, and no refunds or replacements will be issued by CPF. All Raffle Tickets purchased from August 2nd-August 5th from CPF are valid for the drawing on August 5th at 7:30PM
6. Raffle Tickets are Not Tax Deductible. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries, or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of the entry does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution.
7. Prize. The winner will receive a prize equal to fifty percent (50%) the net total of the Jackpot. The prize will be publically posted during each day of Lollapalooza.
8. Taxes. Each winner shall be responsible for any and all travel, costs, federal, state and local income or excise taxes, fees, assessments and like charges associated with a prize. At the time of this printing, federal law requires that a tax withholding on certain prize values must be collected from winners upon award and distribution. Federal and state withholding laws are subject to change without notice. The withholding laws in effect at the time each prize is claimed will be followed. A shared prize claim by multiple persons shall not reduce any applicable withholding on the total amount awarded.
9. Selection of Winner. On Sunday, August 5th at 7:30 PM, the winning ticket number and jackpot prize will be displayed on the jumbotrons located throughout the festival grounds. The winning prize and ticket number will also be posted on chicagoaparksfoundation.org/lolla
10. Prize Claim. Within ten (10) days of the applicable drawing, August 5th, the prize claimant must notify CPF and present the winning Raffle Ticket in-person at our office (541 N. Fairbank Ct, Chicago IL, 60611) during normal business hours (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM) or mail us the winning ticket in an insured envelope dated no later than ten days after initial contact in attempt to receive prize. A Raffle Ticket may be shared by multiple prize claimants; provided, however, that in the event of a dispute, the direct purchaser of the Raffle Ticket will be presumed to be the sole winner. Each prize claimant must provide CPF with all information required to claim a prize (including tax identification information). The prize claimant will receive an Affidavit, Prize Claim, and Release ("Release") which must be executed and returned to CPF no later than five (5) business days after his/her receipt of the Release. In the event a claimant: (a) does not notify CPF within ten (10) days of the drawing; (b) is ruled ineligible for any reason; (c) refuses the prize; or (d) does not return an executed Release, the prize will be forfeited and will be retained by CPF for charitable use. CPF has no obligation to contact potential winners. All prizes will be sent to the winners via check within fourteen (14) days of the winner delivering the winning Raffle Ticket, executed Release, and all other required documents to CPF. For security and safety reasons, no cash payments will be made to the winners.
11. Odds. The odds of winning the Raffle depend on the number of Raffle Tickets purchased for the drawing.
12. Transfer of Raffle Tickets or Prize. Persons who purchase Raffle Tickets may opt to give away their Raffle Tickets to other eligible persons, but in doing so the purchaser waives any claim he/she might otherwise have to the prize. Purchasers of Raffle Tickets may not re-sell their Raffle Tickets to other parties, and may not knowingly give Raffle Tickets away to others for the purpose of allowing those other parties to re-sell such Raffle Tickets. All Raffle Tickets which have been resold in violation of these Official Rules shall be void. All individuals who re-sell, purchase, or receive Raffle Tickets in violation of these Official Rules shall be ineligible to participate in the Raffle or to win a prize. A winner may transfer his/her prize to a third party provided that the following conditions are met: (a) the transferee would have otherwise been eligible to enter the Raffle (age eighteen (18) or older); (b) the transferee shall be responsible for all taxes and costs described in these Official Rules; and (c) the transferee shall be bound by all terms and conditions of these Official Rules that are applicable to the winner.
13. Judges. The Raffle will be conducted and supervised by CPF, whose decisions are final. CPF reserves the right to modify these Official Rules at any time. CPF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Raffle should unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Raffle.
14. Release of Liability. By entering into the Raffle, all entrants agree to: (a) be bound by these Official Rules; and (b) release CPF, the Chicago Parks Foundation, their respective parent corporations, subsidiaries and affiliates, together with their owners, partners, employees, officers, directors, sponsors, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, "Released Parties") from any and all liability with respect to any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Raffle, or from any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any prize.
15. Publicity Release. Each winner, by accepting a prize, grants CPF and its designees and affiliates, including the Chicago Park District, full permission, except where legally prohibited, to use such winner's name, address (city and state only), photograph, voice and/or other likeness, and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation and without notice, review or approval, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and in perpetuity. Each winner shall execute all documents that CPF may require to be signed in connection with this release.
16. General Conditions. Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, postage-due or garbled entries, transmissions or e-mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless network, website, app, or other connections including those through and/or by any website or app, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cable or wireless transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; wireless service congestion; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems, wireless towers or cellular tower equipment; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; non-delivery; misdirected, blocked, or delayed e-mail notifications; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Raffle-related advertisements or other materials; or any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, wireless service, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Raffle, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Raffle, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Raffle-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any day of Lollapalooza, event or exhibition. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Raffle. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants' or to any other person's computer or wireless device related to or resulting from participating in the Raffle or downloading materials from or use of the Website or App. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Raffle, Website, or App, or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Raffle by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or any representative of CPF or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by the CPF, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of the Raffle is unlawful and subject to legal action by the CPF or its agents. The CPF shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Raffle, and to resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize (or any portion thereof); and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. The CPF's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
CPF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Raffle (or any portion thereof) for any reason including in the event virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Raffle (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, the CPF reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to elect to identify a Winner and award the prize by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, Raffle Tickets received up to the time of such cancellation.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APP ASSOCIATED WITH THE RAFFLE OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CPF WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT, AND THE CPF AND ITS AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
17. Governing Law. The Raffle and these Official Rules shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the State of Illinois. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds that any provision of these Official Rules, or their application to a particular persons or circumstances, is invalid or unenforceable to any extent, then the remainder of these Official Rules shall remain enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. The venue for any cause of action arising out of the Raffle or these Official Rules shall be located in Cook County, Illinois.